The Oscar Schmidt OG2SM Acoustic Guitar features an ergonomic dreadnought built with a spalted design and made of mahogany back and sides.
This acoustic guitar is portable and lightweight, great for individuals who want to travel often bringing their guitar.
Dreadnought style with Spalted Maple top
The dreadnought design of the Oscar Schmidt OG2SM Acoustic Guitar will ensure that the sound it produces will have louder and bolder tones. Additionally, the pear inlay and high-gloss finish of this guitar gives it a classic but somewhat rugged look that adds to its overall appeal.
Another advantage that comes with having a spalted maple top is that every guitar has its own distinct look because of the different grain patterns of each maple tree.
The woodsy appearance and the varying tones add to its visual aesthetic. Not only will your guitar have natural wood tones, it will also be unique.
Body and neck
Aside from the maple top, this guitar is also made of mahogany. A mahogany tonewood has a characteristic warm and somewhat soft sound that is well balanced and has a good grind and bite.
The sound has a good depth to it with full lows. The sides and te back of this guitar is also made of mahogany, as well as the neck.
The Oscar Schmidt OG2SM Acoustic Guitar can provide a full acoustic resonance and is built well that it stays in tune after getting adjusted.
Also, the maple top gives the guitar a more mellow sound, less sharp than other woods, but the sound it produces have clear and crisp treble tones and strong-sounding chords that don’t sound muddy at high volumes.
A somewhat plain rosette, a set of concentric silver rings, is featured on its complex face. The ring extends further compared to most guitars and the set on the outermost part spreads underneath the pick guard.
The fingerboard and bridge are made of high-quality rosewood material with the bridge pins made of almond colored plastic that complements the natural wood theme of the guitar top.
It has chrome die-cast tuners with adjustable truss rod and a truss wrench included.
- The guitar is highly playable, has easy action that beginners can easily learn how to play it. The guitar’s width fits well in the average hand.
- Because of the mix of mahogany and maple tonewoods, the guitar has a unique, mellow sound from an audio perspective. It has good resonance and excellent volume.
- According to people who reviewed this product, the stock strings that came with the guitar was usable and did not necessarily need changing unless preferred.
- According to some people who reviewed this product, since this acoustic guitar is sort of an entry-level model, it has a laminated top instead of a solid-top.Although a laminated top has its own advantages like being less prone to humidity and warping, if you are quite particular with the how it sounds, a laminated top may not sound impressive for you.
- No top strap screw on the neck joint for playing the guitar while standing.
- A few people who reviewed this product have some issues with how it sounds and some string action.
Overall Best: Trendy 40 Inch Spruce Top Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar with Spruce Top, Mahogany Back & Sides
The Trendy 40 is an affordable guitar that sounds great and includes a good set of guitar accessories great for beginning guitarists.
The Oscar Schmidt OG2SM Acoustic Guitar – Spalted Maple is a great guitar to consider if you like the rugged but classic look in a dreadnought guitar.
It’s a good for beginners and seasoned guitarists because it is a decent-performing guitar but still affordably priced.